Thursday, March 22, 2007

Hey! Our truffles killed a chick!






In one of the more surreal moments I've experienced in my life, our truffles were featured as a major plotline in last night's episode of CSI:NY. Pretty cool I must say. The story had one of our truffles injected with poison and given to a partygoer at a UN function. During the investigation, the CSI sleuths extensively studied a pin-sized hole in the foil of the truffle and a number of shots of the woman eating the deadly truffle were replayed.

CSI props people had contacted us a month or so ago and ordered the truffles for the upcoming taping of this episode. Kinda bizarre to actually see your product as a main component of a TV show's premise. The wife was very complimentary, telling me "Good job, babe" after the show ended....even though I didn't actually "do" anything. No matter...when I tell the story years from now to my great-grandkids it will be about how I starred on an episode of CSI:NY.

By the way, our truffles really don't kill people. I would advise against the Dark Chocolate Strychnine though.

No comments: